We're creating an alternative, locally-based, food system in Toronto. We partner with local organic farms and like-minded local businesses and artisans, and deliver local, organic, small-scale grown or produced food that tastes really good. We deliver directly to our member's homes, throughout the GTA, on a weekly basis from our 30,000 sq. ft headquarters located in East Toronto. We are a fast growing company working to realize some exciting and ambitious plans in the coming few years. We’re a progressive organization focused on the overall happiness, health and balance/mindfulness of our 150+ staff.
Since 2017, Mama Earth Organics has been a certified B Corporation - a community of companies using business as a force for good. B Corps work toward reduced inequality, lower levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high quality jobs with dignity and purpose. By harnessing the power of business, B Corps use profits and growth as a means to a greater end: positive impact for their employees, communities, and the environment.
The Role and responsibilities:
The Finance and Business Data Analyst will be responsible for providing analytical and financial support to the Finance Manager to assist Mama Earth in making evidence-based business decisions in order to achieve our goals. You will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Your key duties and responsibilities are:
- Prepare weekly departmental and analysis reports for distribution across the company
- Acts as a conduit between Finance/Accounting and other departments to transform key business information into actionable insights
- Participate and lead key process automation initiatives to simplify business processes
- Provide technical ideas to develop company intranet
- Take a proactive and leading role to develop webapp userform and departmental reports into easy-to-understand charts and graphs for easy team collaboration in order to make an informed decision
- Seek out opportunities for improvement in processes and systems utilization while ensuring financial reporting and system needs are recognized and addressed.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets.
- Evaluate general reporting operations for inefficiencies and identify areas where you can create, automate, and develop tools.
- Support departments such as curation and marketing with regular reporting and analysis needs.
- Other special projects and ad hoc reporting as required.
- You must possess a university degree majoring in accounting/computer science/ computer programming/business or equivalent experience.
- You have excelled for 2-3 years in a similar role.
- You are a strong Microsoft Excel user and have the ability to build sustainable financial models.
- Proficiency in major programming languages including but not limited to Java scripts Python and Google App Scripts
- You’re a creative problem solver with excellent analytical skills and the ability to manipulate data with accuracy and attention to detail.
- You’re able to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions leading to recommended business solutions.
- You have excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, adjust and respond professionally to changing priorities and ad hoc issues.
- You’re results oriented – consistently delivering on time and driving for results; an enthusiastic team player with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced changing work environment.
- You’re an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) who is naturally curious and possesses great interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interact with all levels of management.
- You’re a whiz at mining large amounts of data from multiple sources in a short time to determine the most relevant information for conducting the required analysis.
- You have the business sense to understand why you’re pulling data and determine whether it seems accurate.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to leverage resources (people, processes, departments, tools) to complete objectives effectively and efficiently.
What’s In It For You:
- You’ll be putting more food dollars into local farms so they can continue to grow the most nutritious and delicious produce while preserving farmland and biodiversity in Ontario.
- You’ll be supporting the creation of a local food system, built on principles of sustainability and biodiversity, and demonstrating that this can be both financially sustainable for farmers and affordable for consumers
- You’ll be joining a thriving business driven by an experienced leadership team who have built successful businesses
- You’ll be joining a team of talented, fun people who take pride in supporting the Local Food System one crazy fresh produce basket at a time
Things You Should Know
This is a full-time position that can be located in our Toronto office (though we’re currently working remote) that includes a competitive salary, benefits program, and staff pricing on organic food.
We don't have cubicles and we all feel lucky to be here!
How do You Apply?
Please forward your cover letter and resume to HR@mamaearth.ca We kindly ask that you apply to us via email only, please no phone calls. Thank you very much for your interest and good luck!
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.